File an Unemployment Benefits Claim Online
In this tough economic time, you might have lost a job too. The New Jersey government understands difficulties of its people and in order to help them fight with financial crunch, provides unemployment benefits. If you are living in New Jersey and belong to one of the unfortunates who has lost their jobs, you can apply for the unemployment benefits provided you are eligible for it according to the government regulations.
To make it simpler for the state residents, the New Jersey Department of Labour and Workforce Development provides an online service that allows you to make filing an unemployment claim online. It is very easy to apply online and hardly takes few minutes to complete the application process. To use this online service, you have to register an account at its official website. Once registered, you can log in anytime and from being anywhere.
What Is New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Claims?
New Jersey unemployment insurance benefits claims are an online service and it is being facilitated by the Department of Labour and Workforce Development. It allows qualified unemployed people to file for unemployment benefits online and that way makes it easier for the needy who want to claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
How To File an Unemployment Claim Online?
- All of your work experience in the past 18 months must be from in New Jersey.
- You must not have worked for the federal government, or worked as a maritime employee, or served in the military, in the past 18 months.
- You live in the United States of America. If you are a citizen, you have to provide your Social Security Number. If you are not a citizen, then you need to provide your Alien Registration Document.
- You have to provide your entire former employer’s information in the last 18 months.
- Keep a pen and a piece of paper with you for writing down important information during the application.
- Visit New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Claims website at http://www.njuifile.net.
- Click on the “File an Unemployment Claim” button.
- Register for an Unemployment Benefits Online ID if you do not have one. If you already have the ID, just log in.
- Complete the application following given instructions.
- To know more, you can visit at New Jersey Department Of Labour And Workforce Development http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor